• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung ram!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssetre

I got some Samsung ram 50cad for 256mb of pc3200. Is 2.5-3-3-6 good timings for it at stock? I am pretty sure with some volts I could get to go even lower. I was amazed since I bought KVR and the stuff would barely run at stock speeds and it had 3-4-4-8 timings at PC3200 and cost almost twice as much. Is there anything I should look for on the ram sticks to tell me whether or not I have super IC's?

most samsung pc3200 chips can run decent timings at a pretty good overclok, some will run to 250+. their new tccd chips are real monsters. they can run at 2.2.2.5 @(200/220mhz) and overclock to very hi speeds at loose timings..

Sammy is great ram, have 2 sticks of the older DTL/DTM iirc, one runs 260fsb on 3.0v, 3,4,4,x timings are carp, but for 2700 its not bad :)

Well the samsung is pretty new, next chance I get I will take a look at the ram. I just never bothered to drop the timings on it for fear or clearing the cmos!.

Which is faster ram at tight timings at 200fsb or loose timings at 250fsb?

Back