• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x512 mb bh-5 max fsb@~3,3 vdimm?Cpc on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister1234

Hi-i m just testing my setup with 1x512 mb ocz bh-5 and 1 kingston 512 mb bh-5.

i seem to hit my wall @ 238 mhz cpc enabled(i tested cpc disabled a little bit-but thats only for fsb-junkies...-.-no reall improvment...)

is 238 the max i could expect,running in dual mode?or would changing cpc and going for a reall high fsb help?

sisoft score is about ~3650/3400

Twister1234 said:
Hi-i m just testing my setup with 1x512 mb ocz bh-5 and 1 kingston 512 mb bh-5.

i seem to hit my wall @ 238 mhz cpc enabled(i tested cpc disabled a little bit-but thats only for fsb-junkies...-.-no reall improvment...)

is 238 the max i could expect,running in dual mode?or would changing cpc and going for a reall high fsb help?

sisoft score is about ~3650/3400

what bios are you using?, and as well what slots, and what timings(2-2-2-11-1T i assume :bday: ). you could try single channel, and cpc disabled, just to see how high it would go, it may be worth it, and it may not.

but this is good for A-XP and 1gig bh-5, have you try a fan over your ram( i know that usually bh-x doesnt run that hot, but its always worth a try) i saw 3-5 mhz increase on my bh-6 by adding a fan. you milage may vary..

EDIT: have you tested w/ single sticks, to see what the max on each is?

bios is a hellfire modded-rev.3 will try this aka(or how its called)later...-.-
timings-yes cpc on,11-2-2-2
hm,never tested single stabilities,with that bios...the rev.2 bios from hellfire left me in dualmode and 1x256+1x512 at 235 fsb max(cpc disabled),and single it went with the ocz up to ~245 cpc disabled

my airflow should be enough,for the 2 512 mb dimms-i guess

Back