• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 3200LL Pro OR Corsair 3200XL Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[YG]Taxman

A few weeks back i decided it was time to upgrade my PC, so ive bought new coolers, new case, fans etc etc.

So when i went to upgrade my current Corsair 3200LL Pro and get another 512 MB stick to run in dual channel mode - i thought - great!

Not so, it seems that the 3200 LL Pro seems a lil rare (and when found more MORE expensive than the 3200 XL Pro), anyhow, i thought it would be best to get anothe stick identical.

But, the company then sent the wrong RAM (the 3200XL Pro), and said that the LL Pro is no more. Now i dont know (as ive not yet used it) if they will run dual channel (i know that latencies are different, and i thnk the Volts are too).

Ive been in contact with the retailer, they say that they will either refund (within 28 days), but they have also offered to send another 512 or XL Pro but they would take my 3200 LL Pro.

So, please, what do i do?

Is 1024 of 3200 LL pro better?
Is 1024 of 3200 XL Pro better?
Would it be better to have Twinx 1024?

Many Thanks
Dave

BigStan said:
What ^^^ said. Read my sig.

Wow you can do 275 1:1 with that OCZ RAM at those low latencies? Would you recommend this RAM for my RIG? I am looking for something that can do high FSB with low latency at 1T. Does that RAM fit the bill? My OCZ Gold hates 1T it will barely run at 215 FSB with it's default timings 2.5-4-4-8 and 1T.

2x512 OCZ 3200 Gold Rev 2 275/275 1:1 2.5,3,3,6 GAT=AAAAA 2.8v

Back