• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to buy cooling kit NEED FEEDBACK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could get a D-tek Whitewater for 49.99 plus shipping, a via1300 pump for 22.99 a chevette HC for around 20 and 10 feet of clearflex 60 for 6.50 for 10 feet, plus a 120mm fan. for $99.48 plus shipping alittle higher depends on what fan you get.

The White Waters have the option of Poly tops or AL tops and it cost $10 more for the AL tops. People say poly tops aren't good because they're known to break is this true?

i jus read a review saying it was basically for nubz i guess its time to build my own dosent look too complicated

where can i find all of those i found the white water easily but .. cnt find the otherz any linkz

EDIT: should i wait till i can afford a 300 dollar WCsystem?

No, if you can save about 200 that's usually perfect. 50 for the block, 25 for the heatercore, 75 for pump, 50 for tubes/fans/clamps.

Moony349 said:
No, if you can save about 200 that's usually perfect. 50 for the block, 25 for the heatercore, 75 for pump, 50 for tubes/fans/clamps.

Thtz a good idea for a poll : How much did u spend on your WCsystem

time to contact a mod :)

Glad you didnt go for that original kit, i was thinking about that when i first looked into wc too, then i read some reviews...it blows big time.

Yes, get the dual heatercore, but I'd get a Danner Mag 3 (I did) instead of a Via Aqua. Neither are as reliable as a Laing D4/MCP650 or Eheim pump, or as quiet for that matter, but they're both powerful and cheap. However, the Danner is the more reliable and more powerful of the two. It's also much easier to fix, and you can even prevent it from breaking (leaking) if you just apply some silicone sealant to the impeller housing. Takes 5 minutes and then it'll last forever.

I also don't think it's very loud. If you put a pad underneath it you can't even hear it over your fans. Hell, I've used a stack Kleenex under it and it was dead silent.

I don't think you even have to spend $200 on a WC system though.

$43 for a Danner Mag 3 (it's a beast of a pump too)
$5.70 for 10' of Masterkleer 1/2" ID tubing (5233K68) from McMaster
$18 for a 2-342 heatercore from Autozone
$50 for a WhiteWater ($60 if you get the aluminum topped - definitely better) from Dtek
And a few bucks for 1/2" ID Pipe to 1/2" ID Tubing barbs from Home Depot (you'll need a male to tube barb for the inlet of the pump and 2 for the heatercore and a female to tube barb for the pump outlet - get nylon fittings because brass fittings do break plastic pumps). Also get 5/8" OD hose clamps, and some antifreeze and distilled water (for a 15% mix).

Then you'll need 2 120mm fans, and you can't do better than 120mm Sanyo Denki fans that are only $5 a piece. Just make sure you have a fan controller because at 102cfm they are a bit loud. No real motor noise, just the sound of that much air being pushed through a heatercore is kinda noisy.

All told, you're looking at rougly $150 shipped for one hell of a system.

You COULD buy a shroud if you're really lazy but it's easy enough to make one yourself. A lot of people use duct tape even (it is DUCT tape).

Last edited:
Back