• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stainless Steal Bolt - T-line Cap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
um, no, it would add metals to the water from bolt, just go to the hardware store and say I want a plug for a 1/2" ID tubing, and they'll set you up probably like 25 cents

dicecca112 said:
um, no, it would add metals to the water from bolt, just go to the hardware store and say I want a plug for a 1/2" ID tubing, and they'll set you up probably like 25 cents

I was at HD today.. looked everywhere..nothing.. no plastic or brass would fit.. in the end Plumbing dept. guy said take the SL Steal one.. it won't corrode.. is it just me or Canadian HD suck! :eh?:

Go ahead and use the stainless one. If anyone says they can keep their T-line 100% free of air, they're full of s***. That little bit of air serves to absorb the expantion pressure anyways. Without water surrounding the stainless, you won't get the battery effect. If you were really worried about it, get magnetic stainless alloys (trust me, there are some that are). AFAIK they are closer to copper and aluminum on the chart than the typical 304 alloy. Another finish to use would be galvanized, since its zinc coated (used as a sacrificial anode on aluminum items), but I think its zinc-oxide (the crystal finish) and I'm unsure of its exact properties.

One last thing solution that the Home Depot by me sells fitting caps for copper tube, that is, caps that fit in 1/2" fittings and have an OD of 5/8". They're perfect due to that size as well as being brass.

Just be careful with it, I have seen water leak around the threads of a bolt used as a plug before.

stainless steel is fine, but how well a bolt will seal is questionable.

Jon

ntrsfrml said:
is it just me or Canadian HD suck! :eh?:

Home Depot sucks because it isn't Rona. ;)

Go to the 12th & Renfrew Rona, find the sliding racks of odd stuff, heave all the front racks to your left, look down. You'll see a size range of expanding cam-action plugs. "Snap drain plugs" I think they're called. They're brass and rubber, non-marring, pressure adjustable, cheap.

Sean Lindstrom said:
Home Depot sucks because it isn't Rona. ;)

Go to the 12th & Renfrew Rona, find the sliding racks of odd stuff, heave all the front racks to your left, look down. You'll see a size range of expanding cam-action plugs. "Snap drain plugs" I think they're called. They're brass and rubber, non-marring, pressure adjustable, cheap.

nice! thanks m8 :D

Back