• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed water flow meter/sensor with digital readout (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rezistor

Registered
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The flow meter receives water directly from the pump's outlet. The reading of 100 (or 101 in pictures) on the panel meter represents 100% flow, as calibrated by myself when testing. When I adjust the pot that regulates the voltage received by the pump, the flow rate goes down, and the meter displays the percentage of the flow. At the lowest pot setting, I get 36% of flow, at which point the flow sensor trips a relay that turns on a loud buzzer.

I would like to thank Ebay for making this endeavor possible :thup:

Details Please

How bout a little scoop on the brand of the flow meter, etc? Sounds like it has a set of dry contacts as well, since it can trip the buzzer. Can these contacts be set at your choice of flow levels?

This is a Proteus Industries 200 Series flow meter . The spinning impeller contains magnets at the tips, which generate a current in the coil that is located in the housing of the meter, separated from the chamber. The current, generated in the coil by the Hall effect, is directly proportional to the rotational speed of the impeller, thus being linearly indicative of the flow through the meter. The second half of the flow meter contains all the electronics that interpret the current and convert it to a 0-5VDC analog output. It also contains a relay with an adjustable trip point.

I connected the Red Lion DC voltmeter to read the analog output from the flow meter. Also, this model of the meter can be set to scale the readout, and this is how I calibrated the meter to display 100 under normal circamstances. The buzzer is connected externally and is activated when the relay inside the flow meter senses flow that is below a set point.

OMG .... that flow meter cost over 200$ !!! is there any other reliable ones ? I need a flow meter with an accuracy of ~2ml

OMG you must never mess around in your case... I would go nuts having to move all that stuff just to swap out RAM or something!!! Man looks good though.

My case is quite full as few have observed, pipes everywhere, but all the connections are very robust and every single hose is secured to the barb with application of plumber's goop and worm-drive clamp. So I can in fact move stuff around quite a bit and not worry that a hose somewhere will come lose.

Back