• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Melted CPU plug??????????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supergt99

not sure if this is the right forum for this but here it goes. my computer has been working great until the other day i left the room for a min and when i came back it was on a black screen. after lots of testing i found that the cpu plug(both yellow wires) was melted into the motherboard. what could cuase this? i was only running 1.52 vcore.

any thoughts as to why this happened? so that i can prevent this from happening again. thanks

I think you are referring to the CPU fan header, right? What fan did you have attached to it.... You might have been drawing too much current.

yes it is the 4pin plug. 2 yellow wires and 2 black wires. the 2 yellow were melted at the pins where it plugs in. ill see if i can get some pics posted in a bit.

then i guess u need a new psu.. but u need to test the voltages out..

well i need a new motherboard. the PSU checks out ok.all i had to do was solder a new end on. but MB is toast. hope it didnt take the CPU + MEM as well. :confused:

Back