• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. K6

Hey all, I've been reading these forums for awhile, seems like you guys really know your stuff, maybe you can help me out. I built this system in July: A64 3000+, EPoX 8KDA3J, 1GB Kingmax PC3500, 160GB Maxtor IDE (from old comp), Radeon 9800Pro, and a 350watt Antec PSU. After RMA'ing the dead HDD, I thought everything was fine. I ran it at 2.2GHz (vcore 1.6), RAM @ 220MHz, 2.5-3-3-10, vDIMM @ 2.7, HTT @ 880MHz. This was 100% stable, no errors after 30 Hours+ in prime95. Within the last week, it has started randomly freezing. The monitor just freezes, no mouse movement is recognized, so I have to reboot. After the reboot everything is fine. I lowered my overclock to 2.13Ghz (266x8, RAM @ 213MHz) and lowered the voltages to stock 1.55 and RAM to 2.6, thinking my PSU wasn't adequate. Didn't help at all, it still does it. It randomly freezes in a game or on the desktop about once a day. Beyond the PSU being fried, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe one of the RAM sticks is bad. I'm testing with memtest 86+ right now. Does anyone know for sure whats going on here or have suggestions? Anythign is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mr. K6

if you have a mutlimeter you can check your voltages or get mbm5 and see if anything is amis. memtest is the next logical place. that and check to make sure you aren't over heating.

Back