• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I increase this overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rack04

Here are the specs:

AXP Mobile 2400+ 35 watt IGYHA 0402SPMW
Abit NF7-S v2.0 w/ D26 Manta Rays XT CPC off
PDP/Patriot Systems PC3200LLK 2x512mb 2-3-2-5
Sparkle FSP530-60GNA
SP-97 w/ Panaflo H1B

External Clock: 220MHz
Multiplier Factor: x12.0

Vcore: 1.8v
VDim: 2.9v
Vdd: 1.6v
Vagp: 1.7v

Row-active delay: 6
RAS-to-CAS delay: 3
Row-precharge delay: 3
CAS Latency time: 3

If you look at the 12 volt line it looks a little low. Could this be limiting my overclock, because it is adjustable? Also what timing should I loosen to raise the FSB? Thanks.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 107
if your 12v line goes below 11.5 at load, more than likely you're gonna get errors..... also since you're on an NF7 set your Row-Active Delay to 10 or 11. See if that gets you any extra stability.

So what your saying is that on NF7-S platform it is more stable to have 10 or 11 Row-Active Delay?

It's more stable and it also increases performance. It's a quirk of the nForce2 chipset.

You have a great PSU, and it actually does have adjustable pots. You could increase the 12v rail if you want to. But DON'T even think about doing it unless you're using a DMM to measure your voltages. MBM5 and other onboard sensors are far too innacurate for pot adjusments, or even knowing where your voltages are.

Very interesting, I will give it a try and report the findings. What is the best way to find a performance increase in the adjustment, i.e. 3dmark2003, pcmark2004?

Back