• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4p800 Vagp Mod Here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tres0n

Registered
A few days ago i was desperately looking for vagp mod for p4p800 but couldn`t find it anywhere on the internet. So after putting a thread in voltmod section, and some research, i came up with the following (credits goes to our mate pwnt by pat aswell):

asus_p4p800_vagp_mod.jpg

I did this mod and it worked for me flawlesly. I`m keeping the resistance at approximately 100k, and it is about 0.2V higher than set in the bios.
That means 1.5V is actually 1.7V and so on (<=2V). It can be higher than 2V too, just lower the resistance.

Do not raise the voltage above 1.7, if you don`t have decent active cooling on northbridge!

Remember, do this mod at your own risk, if you screw up something doing this mod, neither me nor anyone else except you are to blame!
In case you don`t know what this mod does and whether you need this mod or not, forget it, you don`t need it now!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Great guide treson, This mod is mostly helpful for anyone whose trying to push their rig beyond 300+FSB.........

Have you tried crankin it up to 2.0V, coz i heard that the IC7 mobos have OVP protection. Just would like to know if these asus boards have also....I'm planning on doing this mod if I ever get lucky on my ram and cpu. But my lemons dont want to go any further. So it's an option to me for now.........

GL
Vflux

Vflux said:
Great guide treson, This mod is mostly helpful for anyone whose trying to push their rig beyond 300+FSB.........

Have you tried crankin it up to 2.0V, coz i heard that the IC7 mobos have OVP protection. Just would like to know if these asus boards have also....I'm planning on doing this mod if I ever get lucky on my ram and cpu. But my lemons dont want to go any further. So it's an option to me for now.........

GL
Vflux

Hi Vflux!
I`ve heard about this OVP thing too, but as far as it goes for my p4p800, this is not the case. I have had mine up to 2,1V w/o problems.

But dosnt overvolting AGP also overvolt your AGP card other than your NB? I hear some ATi cards go crazy after 1.6v Vagp, but nVidia ones being slightly more resiliant to Vagp advances...

treSon, If that's the case bro...I'll have to give those mod a try this week. I'll definetely put a switch on one wire so i can turn it on/off. So 100K will give .2V overvolt eh!!!!!1.8V=2V goodness......

BTW, How did the mod improve your clocks?

Regards,
Vflux

Overvolting agp voltage will increase the voltage on cards that don't have dediacted power processing. 9800's have been reported fine upto 2v and haven't really been tested further. There are no real worries doing stuff like this if you have a somewhat recent video card. 9500's should be good to go as geforces 4x00 I believe. I know the 9200 se's core scaled with agp voltage, at least my friends did.

pwnt by pat said:
Overvolting agp voltage will increase the voltage on cards that don't have dediacted power processing. 9800's have been reported fine upto 2v and haven't really been tested further. There are no real worries doing stuff like this if you have a somewhat recent video card. 9500's should be good to go as geforces 4x00 I believe. I know the 9200 se's core scaled with agp voltage, at least my friends did.

Yeah, i myself own a r9800pro256mb and i haven`t noticed any impact on it as i went through vagp from 1,5 to 1,8 and higher.

Vflux said:
BTW, How did the mod improve your clocks?

I`ll begin with that i have 2.4C and OCZ PC4000 EL.

Actually, the situation looks like this:
*i can`t go past 270fsb until i set my vagp >=1.6V
*i can`t go past 280fsb until i set my vagp >=1.7V
*i can`t go past 290fsb unless i set my vagp >=1.8V
*i can`t go past 295fsb no matter what voltages i set (what dividers i use etc.) :)
(anything between 292 - 295 will lead to BSOD sooner or later)
So, in my case, i can say this voltmod did nothing for me, but it really was interesting to find out and try and besides, when i`ll change my cpu it can possibly come into play if i`m lucky.

Regards my system, i believe i have reached the ceiling of my cpu. I`ve done everything to it and that`s the best it can do for me. CPU and NB are watercooled (POWERED BY INNOVATEK) and temps are supersweet. MB is modded with direct 3,3V to V RAM, VDROOP is done, and now this VAGP too. RAM is cooled by 9cm cooler.

I`ve tinkered with bios till i get bored and i can`t think of anything else (except xtreme cooling) that could help me get higher..

The vagp mod doesn't really improve clocks it only smooth things, windows when using feels smoother, I never saw improvement in my clocks even when I set it to to 2.0v, pretty much I got the same clocks at 1.6 and as well at 1.8, I only got higher clock one day when I set vagp to 1.9 but only becasue it was colder than usual, and going over 1.8 isn't recommended, though everything was done on P4C

can i to this mod to my P4P800-X motherboard? On that chip is writed LM324 as that picture but that chip is not at the same place as like as that picture

sorry for words, not english

Back