• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3700 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KVWire

I just got a new P4 3.2E chip. This chip will go up past 3.85 with only a 1.475 v increase. My problem is that my system has Corsair PC3700. I want to run at 1:1. Corsair says it will run at 233 fsb, but Prime95 give me errors at 228 fsb and above. I'm set at 3-4-4-8-8. 2.85v. What else can I do to stabilize my RAM and get my fsb up as high as possible? Should I turn off Turbo or performance acceleration mode or USB legacy? What about Spectrum Spread? What do I loose if I do?

Thanks for your help.

KV

Last edited:
just had a similar probleme whit rams

i had instability whit my rams corsair 3200LX (dont remember the full name) anyway i found that the rams cant run at there full speed at normal ram voltage whish is 2.6 there rams run whit 2.8 volt....

so go in your bios and give then at least 2.8 volts and see if it help :)

I'm up at 2.85, max for my mobo. I fail right away on prime95 at 231, but so far (20 minutes) I'm OK at 230. I just don't know what else to tweak.

Thanks.

KV

Does anybody know if turning turbo off or spectrum spread will help stabilize my RAM? Any other settings that will help?

KV

Thanks Mata, thanks Minion. I'm at max volts and on the latest Bios. Oh well. Just a bit frustrated that I have a CPU that can go so far and can't use it. I'm going to have to save up for better RAM.

KV

Back