• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ehh which pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

ehh which pump? other questions too

Whats the best pump thats good and isnt all that expensive besides the mag 3 that i wouldnt have to "leak proof"??? dunno if i want a 12v pump because i dont think ill have enough molex connectors

also since i dont have enough space for everything inside my case, im gonna get a radbox

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCB-120.asp#

so i can mount the dd heatercore ill be getting outside. i got a question, cant i just mount the heater core to my back fans? (get really long screws) and then mount a 120mm fan where ever on the h/c? i dont see why i would need the radbox

O and should i get a tline or res? if i get a res should i get the bay or the cylinrical ones? if i get the rad box it would be hard because i have to fill the system inside my case because i have tubes outside and inside, ehhhh im confused

ANyone here have a raidmax scorpio 868 and have w/c?

Bay res's are infamous for sucking air into the loop and being general PITA's, though this is often easily fixed with slight modifications. I would avoid a bay res.

There is no answer to res or tline - you've gotta decide what suits you.

I would get an mcp650. High quality, convenient, and has sufficient power.

ya i was lookin at the 650, it fits 1/2 tubing right? Only thing is it connects to the psu, beofre i wanted this, but i dunno if i have enough connectors and such on my psu

i have 2 optical drives, 2 hard drives, floppy drive, 3 80mm fans, 120mm fan, front lights, and 9800 pro and i have no more connectors

if i were to get a rheobus would that free up some connectors? (all the fans connect to the rheobus, and the rheobus connects to one connector right?)

all i would probly get rid of when i get w/c is one 80mm fan, then ill add another 120 for the heater core

you can probly get rid of all the 80mm fans, just keep the 120 in there if your not cooling your gpu and nb. And go with the mcp650, it has 1/2 barbs and if you dont have your pump connected to your powersupply, that means you need a relay connector to turn it on and off with your pc, or just have it run 24/7 (neither of which i would really want to do)

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=140
I LOVE MINE!!!!! Super quailty pump imo.
100_0789.jpg

well if i take out all the 80mm fans (im gonna leave the one thats on the window, since i dont want a big hole in my widnow) what will i use for exhaust? will it get sucked up by the 120mm fan on the h/c?

I dunno what pump is good as I havent found one yet...

BUT!! Certainly not C-System Mark II's!!!

I bought two and boy do i feel ripped off.
At first, the other one didnt work, i had it replaced.
Then, after running the two in parallel for 2 days, it died.. Both of them...

im looking to get AC pumps now, though i dont know which one yet...

I think AC pumps are more reliable...

I'm using the MCP-600. Not sure if they make that one anymore....

I've got 4 120mm fans and one 80mm. The fan controller comes in handy.. Also, Im running three hard drives, DVD burner, pump, and video card.

so the rheobus/fan controller takes up only one molex connector? all the fans connect into the rheobus?

Bboy_Jon said:
so the rheobus/fan controller takes up only one molex connector? all the fans connect into the rheobus?

Yup. One 4 pin molex to the PSU. The fan controller will normally have four three-pin connectors for the fans, and will come with some 3 to 4 adapters. Take a look at the Vantec Nexus 4 port fanbus. That's what i have. You can daisy-chain the fans too, like put two on one channel, and such.

lol ok awsome, now i have a real reason for a rheobus, i mainly wanted it for looks since i dont really think my fans are all that loud now

Sarug said:
I dunno what pump is good as I havent found one yet...

BUT!! Certainly not C-System Mark II's!!!

I bought two and boy do i feel ripped off.
At first, the other one didnt work, i had it replaced.
Then, after running the two in parallel for 2 days, it died.. Both of them...

im looking to get AC pumps now, though i dont know which one yet...

I think AC pumps are more reliable...
try another brand, there are GOOD 12V pumps out there
not cheap, good

i didnt see... are u useing the psu that came with the case?... if so.. toss it.

and get a good better one.. dont want to fry your mobo

sweet psu..

and if u wanto you can get everything into your case.. hell i fit everything into a superlan boy case.. look for the modding laser x page... in cooling

hmmm i know i can fit everything in there, id have to cut out my 3.5 bay cage though, which i dont really wanna do

didnt find any modding laser x, i found modding xaser III

Back