• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doh, getting consistant Memtest Errors with PQI 2-2-2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96redformula

I bought this ram because everybody was doing great overclocking with it....I just built my computer a couple days back and have some odd things happening. It will get an error in memtest despite which timings I have it set to. It consistantly happens on the sme test at the same time and same error. I don't seem to be getting any other errors other than this, sometimes it will repeate and gimme the same error happening twice. 00000008a error or something like that.

I also see on CPU-Z that I have a clawhammer, but my level 2 cache is 512??? Do I got some crazy things going on here or do I have more work to do. My CPU temps vary from 38Idle to 50Load as5 Venus 12+. Cpu voltage carying from 1.53to 1.6 at load. For some reason only Sismark is saying my CPU voltage is 2.98????

Any way you all can help me would be really appreciated :confused: .

athlon 64 3000+
Epox e3kdJ
PQI 2-2-2-5 Ram
Venus 12+ h/f

If you've got a gig of RAM, try 2t. Whether its a Clawhammer or a Newcastle usually doesn't matter much, as long as its a CG.

I got errors also with mine, I tested both sticks got errors then tested each individually and found out one stick was bad. Still waiting for my RMA...

does that mean I should RMA it??? What do you think.........Is it something else or most likely RAM. Again, does it the same exact time in the test EVERYTIME despite settings.

I called newegg and got an RMA #. It is going to be on the way back today. Any idea how long it takes newegg to process the RMA and send out a new one??

Back