• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If i were to go water cooling....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

Do you think it would fit in my case and everything? And what should i expect to spend if i were to do cpu only? and what if i were to add gpu too?
well here are some pics...

case temp-30 idle...32 load
cpu temp-49-51 idle....59-62 load
ambient temp-28-29

back%20view.jpg

center%20view.jpg

center....jpg

vga....jpg

thanks james for ur pic hosting site :)

loks like theres some room in there
do you mind modding your case?

and with water you can probly expect higher OCz if thats what your looking for
theres also the option of having a quiet setup depending on parts you choose

I was very curious on pricing my self so i did get this poll requested

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=331880

WC are very NICE im trying to get mine but money is issue for me :( ill have to wait 3 months <- to make time past faster UT04 is there for me

anywayz as for room u can put some stuff outside and have the tubes going from the back threw the PSU slots ... but u should be ok might require minor mods

good luck :)

mR|bUNgLe said:
loks like theres some room in there
do you mind modding your case?

and with water you can probly expect higher OCz if thats what your looking for
theres also the option of having a quiet setup depending on parts you choose

no just as long as theres not too much of it...i mean im not very skilled in cutting...im sure i could have a friend help me...plus im pretty young so no tools...but yea i could manage for like a rad or something...

I would say don't go for the WC. You said money was an issue, and WC tends to run high. Insted, I would do the duct mod to your case (make an air duct from outside that pulls cool air in for the CPU, put in a blower (PCI slot), and maybe an air intake or some sort (one of those chepo hard-drive cooler's from Newegg that are like $10 should do it, just want to get the air moving). Perhaps upgrade the CPU cooler, I'm not sure on the model, but it looks like it isn't copper.
That would get your temps down by a good amount at a vastly lower price.

You could definitely fit a watercooling setup in your case and you don't have to spend a huge amount of money to do it. I did mine for under $150, dropped my load temps 13C and raised my overclock 100mhz. You just have to be aware of price to performance ratio. An RBX or TDX is not worth an extra $13 compared to the Swiftech MCW6000. They're at most 1C cooler. And a Laing D4/MCP650 is not worth $40 extra to me compared to the Danner Mag 3. I put a bead of silicone sealant on the impeller housing and I'm leak proof now. Took 5 minutes (though I had to wait an hour to run it). And get a heatercore instead of a Black Ice radiator. It costs less than half and performs better. So what if it doesn't look as good. You can spend $150 or less and get a hell of a system.

I see you have some posts. Just lurk in the classifieds until something you like comes up. Just dont rush into it and you can get by pretty cheap.

alright it all depends on if i can get it in the $150 range....probably not the best setup but if i can i will....

You can definately get it in the 150 range, spend 40 on a block and about 40 on a pump, get cleaflex cheap from mcmaster and get some worm clamps from home depot, get the $5 sanyo denkis from ebay and go to autozone or whereever and get a 2-342 or 2-302 or whatever for 20.

HC - $20
WB - $40
Tubing ~ $10
Pump ~ $40
Odds/Ends/Fans ~ $15

$125... there you go. A system for the cost of a G4 :clap:

:cool:

Back