• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nimo Codec Pack plus Windows Media Player10 = crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I had windows media 10 then I installed Nimo Codec Pack 9. I had issues with Nimo so I pulled it out. Then media player quit playing movies. I think that Nimo killed some of the codecs. I tried to reinstall media 10 and had no luck. I dont want to re-install Nimo again. Has anyone ever gone through this. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

I am going to keep tweaking on it, and if I find a fix I will post a how to.

I am running mediaplayer 10 and nimo without any issues... What were you experiencing?

Reinstalling MP10 did not solve the problem, or you were unable to reinstall?

use the k-lite codec pack. I find it to be better than nimo and I haven't had any problems with mp10 or with playing any kinds of files.

I recommend ditching codec packs and using ffdshow, xvid and AC3 filter. That's practically all you need.

The Codecs. A nice, compact, badware-free codec pack w/ everything you'll ever need.

After having problems w/ Nimo, I went on the hunt for a different codec pack. I came across this, and it works flawlessly. I would suggest you try it out :)

Oni said:
The Codecs. A nice, compact, badware-free codec pack w/ everything you'll ever need.

After having problems w/ Nimo, I went on the hunt for a different codec pack. I came across this, and it works flawlessly. I would suggest you try it out :)

Thank you Oni.

This is probably atleast the second time I have referred back to this thread through the search function to find the codecs you referred to. For such an uncreative name I have found it quite hard to remember. I have since had one hell of a time with the later versions of NIMO, and have not had any issues with viewing or errors since using the codecs you link to in the quote above.

Thanks again, off to watch some movies while I fall asleep. :)

Back