• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which coolant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pronoob

I saw 3 types of coolants that attract me in the nearby car shops

1, Redline Water Wetter - Very Expensive about 350ml i suggest
2, An Australian Brand Coolant - 2500ml guarantee 2 yrs no mixing with water
3, Mercedes Benz Antifreeze - All german but i think about 1500ml

price
1, about 20USD
2, about 4.50USD
3, about 8USD

You could use water wetter, personally i hate it, it stains tubing and is ugly as hell, not to mention it stinks.

"Coolants." You need to remember than anything you add to the system apart from distilled water will be a negative step on your system's cooling. It is sort of a necessary evil as the perils of corrosion and biotic buildup are inevitable without them on a long enough timeline. Generally anti-freeze will perform both of these actions. The general concensus is that 5-10% Anti-freeze and 90-95% distilled is the best performer. Anything over 10% and you may be flirting with a decrease in your loops cooling ability. Again, there are no additives which will actually make your water "wetter" (despite advertizement to the contrary) or decrease your temps. Anyway, many who favor aesthetics go for Pentosin, a blue antifreeze of Liquid_Cooled fame. Alternatively you can use Zerex Racing Coolant or a whole host of differently colored as well as clear anti-freezes.

quite dark i guess
da bottle has a see thru part but it is not totally transparent : /

Real world implementation of water wetter has in numerous forum examples not yielded any significant benefit for its substancial negative effects. Use it in your racing engine, if you want, but it isnt going to decrease your temps one bit on the WC scale. What I object to is the perception of WW as this magical substance that will lower your temps if added. The 30F decrease their propaganda lists is intentionally misleading as that is 30F degrees at engine redline temps right at the boiling point, not a magical drop in die temps from 60 load to 43 load. Its main use is a one-two punch for corrosion and biocide. However with precaution and and an adequate amount of antifreeze, WW is obsolete.

so basically i get any coolant i want and it wont kill my water cool ya A_A?

Back