• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heater core, pull only?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tekko

I got a 2-352 heater core and I have been trying to find someway to cool it, 2x120mm fans are really poor fit, 2x92mm is even worst, 2x2x80mm would fit nicely but performence would be really poor, 172mm fans would fit well but thet are all pretty much too noisy except from one model of Sanyo Denki that I simply can't find.

Then I came across this, the Evercool PCAC which is rated:

Current: 0.07A ~ 0.13A
Fan Speed: 1100 ~ 3000 rpm
Airflow: 53.2 ~ 100 CFM
Noise: Lo< 21 , HI<23dBA
Voltage: 12V

I mesured and 4 would fit really nicely(+/- 1/8" too small in lenght and height), they would be nice since ti would be low noise, no deadspots since they are blower style and 4 would give me 400CFM. Only trouble is they are exaust only(pull) would it still work well or would I loose a lot of performence sonce it would have to pull air across the heatercore? or would there be a way to mod them so they could be reversed and be intake?

So the HC is 172mm across right? Just use a 120+shroud, dont worry if the fan is the same size as the core, as long as the shroud fits well you are set. Pulling is better than pushing. Those blowers dont do 100cfm.....

the finned area is 180mm by 180mm so a 172mm would fit within a few mm trouble is most are over 50dBA and I want to try and reduce noise

Im turning into the SilenX hit man..... :rolleyes:

SilenX 120's

One of these will do you with even lower dBa than the blower option, still 58CFM too. I will have two of these pulling only on my 2-199.

Good luck.

:cool:

Tekko said:
I got a 2-352 heater core and I have been trying to find someway to cool it
I've never heard of a 2-352 HC, but this is what i did with my 2-342:
shroud15_small.jpg

Pantyhose and fiberglass resin. And it holds 2 120's.

You can't beat the pressure of a blower though. Do you know if those are 180 or 90 degree tangental blowers? I don't know why they're blowing air out the front of the case, but I'll bet they're 180 degree. I've been looking for something like this for forever.... Warry about the CFM rating though

I definitely wouldn't worry about not having push with those. It normally doesn't make a terrible amount of difference, and the amount of pressure that blowers can handle, assuming this one is no different, would make a push/pull config pointless. I'm so ordering one once my paycheck comes in.

Last edited:
sonicdrive said:
good idea how does it hold up
very well, still trying to figure which fans to use. As for low noise/CFM ratio, Sanyo Denki's seem to be your best bet, you can find them on ebay(102cfm/35dba).

Then how about the tangential blower I found HERE ? I'm looking to find the specs but it might work well(maybe). interested to see whatt's the noise level

Back