• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which timings to tighten?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rack04

Here is the story:

I recently received a long awaited shippment which contained a AXP 2400+ mobile 35 watt, Abit NF7-S, SP-97, PDP 2x512mb PC3200LL, Zalman NB47-J, and a panaflo H1B.

The problem:

I currently have it clocked at 2.62GHz (218 FSB x 12). To acheive this overclock I have set the ram timmings to 2.5-3-3-11 @ 2.7v, which from what I understand isn't that great. Which of the timmings should I lower to receive the best performance jump? I am using D26 Manta Rays XT bios revision, but I have not exerimented with others.

Vcore: 1.75v
VDimm: 2.7v
Vdd: 1.6v
Vagp: 1.5v

You need to try to lower all them. Some yield higher results than others but getting them all as low as possible is the aim. Use MemTest86 to test for errors to avoid corrupting your OS.

Set the memory timings to 2-2-2-11-1T or 2T (1T is optimal) and up the FSB until the memory craps out. This is the best way to overclock the AXP.

Back