• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spyware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genjix

has anyone noticed lately more spyware that are impossible to remove?
in my company there are more calls for so much spyware including my daily horoscope and party poker being auto installed.

not being impossible to remove just harder. I have found that I have to do more manually removal of files and registry entries than I did before.

Things are definetly getting more complicated... But I could probably practically name all the prevalent ones which need manual removal and do not have working tools to remove them when properly used.

Last edited:
I just tried to manually get rid of these and they keep coming back. there is so much in the registry, and aaa_org keeps coming back no matter what I do. this is on an NT machine.

Serious legislation needs to be made on this, it's getting out of hand IMO. If these were mail-ads, or telemarketers, no one would take it. Why should we have to? As a side note, anyone else seen people using AIM as adware? Making fake SN's to send you ad's and links via text. There's no way to get off their "mailling list" far as I could find, and if you block one name, it eventually gets transferred to another.

Legislation won't make any difference at all, in my opinion. Do you get less calls from telemarketers since the do-not-call list? I know I don't, and I'm on it.

Do you get less spam, after the passing of the can-spam act? I get more everyday.

Passing a law or act, and knowing how, and enforcing it are 2 very different things.

Back