• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to mount the radiator on top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I have my radiator mounted in front of my case, i was considering moving it to the top of my case for neatness
I used zipties to secure the rad to the front of the case

I am a little concerned about mounting the radiator to the top of the case with only zipties

how have other people mounted their radiators to the tops of their cases

thanks
Spectre

you can attach your fans to the heatercore, then the case to the fans

long thing rods should go through the heatercore no problem, just be careful.

so it goes top of case, fan , rad? what if you did top of case, rad, fan.. any difference?

Taken from issue 12 of "custom pc"
radone.jpg
radtwo.jpg

That pretty much covered it, except I coudn't afford the CD-drive bay space, so I mounted it on top (as in the whole thing sits on the top of the computer). I just cut 2 7/8" holes for the connectors, 2 120mm holes for the fans, and put a little window sealent foam (sticky on one side, soft on other) to prevent my case getting marred up and the wires of the fans getting cut. Eventually I'm going to get some black metal bent to fit the core+fans, so it looks more like the Exos, as it looks like I'm running a chop-shop out of my computer at the moment.

thanks a lot, what size rods should i use,
I tried to put rods all the way through the rad once but the rods were a little to thick and bent some of the fins all up

Back