• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kooga_magnum

Just wondering if anyone has ever put memory heatsinks on their ram sticks, and if it made any noticeable differences in overclocking? i realize ram doesnt get that hot in the first place but just curious, otherwise ill have to take apart my hs on my vid card and attach em to the backside (already have em on front side)

I believe, and I could be wrong, that you will have better stability with heat spreaders. The reason is that all the chips will be of equal tempurature. The chips are designed to work together as "one". So it only makes sense that something as delicate as memory chips should all work at the same tempurature. Also, just blowing air onto the spreaders seems to be enough for even the most rigirous overclocks.

i realize this but of course i would have a heatsink on every chip on the ram itself, does this make a difference

The problem with heat sinks is that obscuring the manufacturers labels or damaging the labels may void the warranty.

I think it will only make a real difference if you were to run your ram at like 3.5-3.6 volts at super high speeds.

Back