• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New comp setup - need input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterCraft

Hi all, new to the boards, after spending 2 days finding an alternate email I could use other than yahoo I'm finally able to post

Ok, I'm sitting on newegg right now and this is what I've come up with,

I've needed a new rig for awhile, and just got the money to do it, I've got about 1600 bucks, and I'll have more every paycheck until I get all I want (cooling and ram wise, upgrades, etc etc). I'm a big fan of asus having owned several of their products and love the quality, I don't wanna be biased but I have to say I was when I chose what I was getting.

Any positive and negative feedback is appreciated on this setup, suggestions as well.

Asus P4c800 E-deluxe
Pentium 4 Prescott 3.2 W/ HT (800fsb)
western digital 76 gig raptor (10000rpm) rotational HD w/ quiet tech
V9999 Gamer edition Geforce fx 6800 ultra - 256 bit 256mb (with the free webcam :attn: )
Corsair XMS ultra low latency ram (512x2) twin pack 2-2-2-5
Praetorian case mid tower
all the standard stuff - arctic silver - fan upgrades etc etc

I plan eventually to go watercooled (looking at either the titan system or vapochill's watercooled system, any thoughts there?)

I'm new to both watercooling and overclocking but I've done alot of research on both and looked at what will probably be best for my system (I still want feedback of course :D )

ps, I also posted this in processor's, but im still not sure how this forum's community is, and i want maximum feedback to make sure i get the best setup for me :))

looks like a pretty good set up really. you wont even need to overclock it for regular games and stuff. its already fast at stock speeds.
i would choose the ocz 3200 plat rev 2 ram over the corsair but the corsair is certainly not going to be a let down.

rhino56 said:
looks like a pretty good set up really. you wont even need to overclock it for regular games and stuff. its already fast at stock speeds.
i would choose the ocz 3200 plat rev 2 ram over the corsair but the corsair is certainly not going to be a let down.

yeah this same thread is posted in cpus

I changed some stuff, im going with the 3.4 P4 prescott and a watercooling system, also the OCZ 520 watt PSU. I got my ram for free (corsair extra low latency 2-2-2-5), so I went with that. Otherwise i was gonna go with the OCZ becaues of everyones recomendation :)

I do plan on overclocking, im hoping for 4+ ghz with the watercool system im building

MasterCraft said:
yeah this same thread is posted in cpus

I changed some stuff, im going with the 3.4 P4 prescott and a watercooling system, also the OCZ 520 watt PSU. I got my ram for free (corsair extra low latency 2-2-2-5), so I went with that. Otherwise i was gonna go with the OCZ becaues of everyones recomendation :)

I do plan on overclocking, im hoping for 4+ ghz with the watercool system im building
that sounds like a dream machine man, get a big ol radiator for that thing.

rhino56 said:
that sounds like a dream machine man, get a big ol radiator for that thing.

Yeah i'm not half assing anything, I eventualy plan to buy a vapochill LS or some other form of phase change cooler, but for now I'll have tos tick to water until I can afford it :(

Back