• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding w/c to my rig..last few items to finalize

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendosiris

Hey all. Gonna start ordering pieces for a water cooling rig this week. Will be my first try at it. Had thought about the zalman reserator but have since decided to go custom. So here are my plans

Pump: Swiftech MCP650
Rad: This is where i'm really not sure yet. Perhaps a Dtek, or swiftech? iono.
CPU: Swiftech MCW6002 so i can put it on an A64 chip b4 too long.
GPU: Swiftech equivelent or DD maze4 (kind of up in the air on this one).
Feels like i'm going all swiftech so far. hehehe

Rad and gpu block are the only areas i'm still not sure yet. Rad i want to fit in the bottom front of my case. I've got about 8-10" of height to work with so the bigger ones just simply wont fit. The dual swiftech might make it, if i put it in at an angle.

insidecase.jpg

I'm leaning towards T-line for the whole setup.

I'm having a hard time finding solid results to figure out which GPU block to get. The rad is pretty much the best one that will fit and doesnt need super fans to run. One of the main reasons i'm going Water is to make my system quiter (not necessarily silent, but alot quieter).

I would get the pro120 hc from Dtek. You have more surface area to dissipate heat (assuming you are getting a single fanned rad/hc)

Back