• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you add UV dye?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glass19

Registered
I have UV Blue Dylite and I would like to add it to my water setup....do i put some in one drop at a time and let the pump move it around...or is it just easier and OK to add it to the jug of mixture you made w/ the coolent and distilled water?

does it matter? either way would work I would think but i'm curious as to what you guys think.

also is 85% distilled water and 15% coolent okay? I got my blue Audi coolent today and i want to try an 85%/15% mixture. should be cool eh?

it doesnt matter, you can add it eitehr way. the pump will circulate it around. i would put it in one drop at a time to get the desired level of "blueness". yea 15% coolant is ok to prevent corrosion.

hey wait a minute.....
wasnt i the one that recommended pentosin and blue dyelite? o_O

yes sir you were! i got my blue coolent today! i'm really excited. I put some in a cup with some water and added a dome die then I got out a black light and wow...its perfect! just how i want it to look!

i see you use 25% coolent and 75% water....how is that for temperatures? do you recommend i do the same?

if you have any aluminum in your system, id add 25% coolant. adding more coolant will actually raise your temps, but itll pretect from corrosion and bacteria.

just poor some in your reservoir ad let the rest of your system do the job of spreading it equally for you

[edit] just realized this was my 1000th's post. how time flies :beer:

Liquid_Cooled said:
wasnt i the one that recommended pentosin and blue dyelite? o_O

Isn't pentosin blue? Do you have to add blue dye to it also to get the blue color you have in your system?

nah, i'm adding UV blue die. Its already blue but i want the blue effect under UV lights. thats all.

Back