• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for backup software, other than what comes w/windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jajmon

I have w2k pro on a box that has a scsi 24gb tape drive. I want to use this box to backup data on another networked pc. The backup software on w2k is pathetic at best when it come to tape drives and tape media. I've been searching around for shareware/freeware alternatives that support tape drives, but haven't been successful. Does anyone use or know of such an application?

I used w2k backup for years with no major problems :confused:

VERITAS Backup Exec is good. :thup:

For shareware search http://www.download.com
But if you are looking for a free solution, better stick to Windows Backup.

I also recommend Veritas, I use it frequently and like it alot. Has many options for different components and services that can be added to icnrease versatility (for a cost of course ;) )

pik4chu said:
I also recommend Veritas, I use it frequently and like it alot. Has many options for different components and services that can be added to icnrease versatility (for a cost of course ;) )

Yes I know about veritas, and I actually have it, v8.0 and works fine on my 2k box, (locally) but to back up my xp box across the net I need a client on the xp box, and 8.0 doesn't support XP, only 2k and lower.

jajmon said:
Yes I know about veritas, and I actually have it, v8.0 and works fine on my 2k box, (locally) but to back up my xp box across the net I need a client on the xp box, and 8.0 doesn't support XP, only 2k and lower.

9.X is needed for XP+2k3 in my experience.

Back