• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-K8VT800M Motherboard SATA help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Singer

Hi I just built my mother a new computer and I have discovered that although the GA-K8VT800M Motherboard supports SATA, I can not get it to support only one SATA drive, after accessing the Raid setup program it would show the drive but would not let me do anything to it, I was even able to partition the drive, but windows XP setup would not recognize anything, I even tried the F6 option during setup to manually load drivers and it still would not work, I then updated to the latest Bios and that did not help, I downloaded the latest SATA drivers for this motherboard and received two bios file with it but it just don't make since to me, could someone please interpret what each bios in the list below does? I was hoping that one of them would let me use just a single SATA drive and not have to deal with RAID.

Thanks

VIA VT6420 SATA BIOS

1. 6420Rxxx.rom
BIOS supports RAID. If subclass code is 0x01 (IDE) before this BIOS executed, BIOS
will execute nothing.

2. 6420Nxxx.rom
BIOS does not support RAID functions. If subclass code is 0x01 (IDE) before this BIOS
executed, BIOS will execute nothing.
After BIOS is executed, the subclass code will be set to 0x01 (IDE).

Bump, I didnt think it was that hard of a question, but thanks for looking.

i think that you cant update a raid chip bios that is integrated to the MB.
i dont know what is causing the problem, but i recomend you to load default settings in the bios and re-programe it to set your sata drive.
also, you can get some help e-mailing to gigabyte tech service.

Back