• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory for DFI Lan Party NF3 250b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

booBOT

I know this motherboard is new so I wasn't able to find much with a search for memory.

I'm looking for the type of memory that should be used with this board or
any recommended brands/types (OCZ is my current choice). I will be overclocking but I'm not looking to hit the highest speed just something stable with the standard cooling!

Thanks ahead of time,

Boo

booBOT said:
I know this motherboard is new so I wasn't able to find much with a search for memory.

I'm looking for the type of memory that should be used with this board or
any recommended brands/types (OCZ is my current choice). I will be overclocking but I'm not looking to hit the highest speed just something stable with the standard cooling!

Thanks ahead of time,

Boo

I made another thread on it somewhere but I recently tested the OCZ PC4000 Gold rev.2 on this board. I was stable to 223x11 (Last place the CPU was stable to. mem was still going strong with 2.5-3-3-8 (stock) timing). So I know it works. I hear the OCZ PC3200 plat. rev 2 is even better at the near 200GHz range with 2-2-2 timings.

They should both reach 250MHz on that board.

OCZ PC3200 EL Rev2/PQI3200-1024DPU (Samsung TCCD)
OCZ EB PC3500/3700 (Micron C)
Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (Micron G)
OCZ PC3700 GOLD Rev3 (Hynix BT-D5)
ADATA PC4200 (Hynix BT-D?)
Kingston PC3200K2 (BH-5)

All are good and each will has its own strength and weakness.

NOTE: I've only listed RAM that's currently available.

Last edited:
Great, thanks for the advice.

I went ahead and ordered the OCZ PC3200 EL Rev2 1GB kit.
It's going together with the DFI nf3, a 36.7 WD 10,000rpm, AMD 64 3200 and
a Antec Tru 420watt PSU. !

Thanks again,

boo

Memory

I have a coupe sticks of the Kingston BH-5? coming from compuvest. I will post my results.

I can say that I fired up my A64 machine for the first time last night
3000+ CG
UT 250GB
512Mb BH-5 Mushkin

It ran 240X10 1:1 no worries at 11,2,2,2 with 3.0vdimm and stock vcore.

Hopefully the kingston I get will do the same or better.

I have seen micron C and G on KVR as well. That stuff is pretty good but not very consistent.

musk

Back