• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Autoupdates frozen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaTfOoD

Whenever I log on, the autoupdate icon comes up but it stays at 0% this has been there for about 2 weeks and never has gone above 0% how can I fix this so I can get the updates?

If you did any tweeking in the services make sure that
Background Intelligent Transfer Service is set to auto and running also make sure that auto updates is turned on.

This is normal afa the SP2 autoupdate (if you already have SP2 installed, then of course this won't apply to you)...it's part of the process used in deploying SP2 in an effort to keep from overwhelming the servers, both MS servers and other servers, in the chain providing internet service to your computer. Copied from Microsoft sends security update to home PCs: "Microsoft plans to cap the number of home PCs updated each day so that demand for the update does not overwhelm servers".

The other two options ("Automatic" & "Download updates") won't see this because SP2 will be downloaded automatically and you'll only be prompted to install SP2 and to accept the EULA.

Last edited:
Back