• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Explorer and Folders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gustav

Is there a way to make the viewing option as "list" the default? I have lots of folders and tons of files in some folders and its easier if they are in the list form instead of having big icons for each file/folder. I set it to list, for example, in Program Files, but then I'll go back and its back to icons. I just wish it was set to list as default. Maybe someone knows how to do this?

Try going into folder options and then to view. You will see an option to set all the folders to a default setting. Hope that makes sence...

Press windows+E, configure the folder to the view settings you prefer, go to tools>folder options>view tab and select apply to all folders. This will set that view type for all folders, and is basically what enablingwolf was saying... I think.

Yes basically(very basic instructions) the same thing, but I.M.O.G you always put it more eloquently. :D

Back