• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cheap Intel mobo...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strykar

Registered
Well, currently ive got a Dell, yikes.. i know... based on rambus as well, even more yikes... Well, i ordered some BH-5 recently because I found a good deal and wanted to use it for my 939 rig that im waiting on, but seeing as it may take longer for the tech to develop and become worthwhile, i want to upgrade my Dell's mobo so I can use my BH-5 and tide me over until im happy with 939.

What it needs to support: Socket 478 P4 2.0 and PC400 DDRAM and of course the obvious stuff like an AGP slot... Onboard lan would be nice, but not a requirement.

Not looking to do any overclocking yet, just need something to tide me over. Would like to spend less than $70 if possible...

Again, thanks in advance guys, and I hope it's not too irritating seeing threads like this as Im sure you get em all the time.

With that budget, the choices are rather limited. I would really stay with an Intel chipset. The real cheapies will be VIA or SIS chipsets. About the most inexpensive one that I would recommend is the Abit IS7-E.

Looks like newegg has a couple of refurbed Asus P4P800 mobos in your price range. That would be my next choice.

Intel 865g chipset for 75.00

Tell ya what, i've only had this mobo for a week and i realized i cannot overclock on it. I ordered a new one(AsusP4c deluxe.) I will sell you the board i have now for 75 dollars. It supports DDR1 up to 400mhz. It has 5 pci slots, Intel Lan, agp 4x,8x, supports SATA and the works. I payed 104 dollars for it on ATACOM.com. I've had it since friday and i want to be able to OC my prescott 2.8e so i ordered a new mobo.

Back