• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram for amd64 s939 chips? possible MSI neo2 board too

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hi, i was thinking of getting Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum TwinX (2x512MB) for a new a64 s939 rig, the timmings are rated at 2-5-2-2-t1, but i was just worried at 3200 it might not be fast enough to keep up with the a64 chip?

my budget for this ram is about £200, so any ideas on anything better at around that price? or is the corsiar perfect? cheers!

I also got 939 64 3800+
Was thinking about getting 2 GB DDR of Kingston 3200 (400Mhz)

Should I get something else ?

Probably the best RAM out now for the socket 939 platform is the OCZ EL PC3200 Platinum Edition Rev 2. It is made with Samsung TCCD chips that are DDR500. Most people are getting 275 1:1. Most of these high performance PC3200 sticks will OC like a banchee.

does all Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum TwinX have the tcdd chips? or only certain revisions? cuz i think im gonna have some hard time finding the rev2 ones of OCZ...

also whats with the platinum and non-platinum? other then the colour of the heat spreaders

Last edited:
Back