• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 8LD533 + Celeron 2.4 : no post (help!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

I'm trying to 'upgrade' a friends pc because of a broken mainboard/cpu, so I ordered a Gigabyte 8LD533 + Celeron 2.4ghz. Installed the whole thing, plugged in the cables, and when I press 'power on', the fan starts up for half-a-second and then the system powers down. I checked memory, power supply, cables, screws that might cause a shortcircuit etc... but nothing helps!

Any1 got an idea what I can do to fix this??

Most of the time this means you have the power switch connector on the mainboard reversed or incorrectly positioned.

nope, tried that as well. even tried to 'start' the mainboard by using the old screwdriver trick (short contact with the 2 pins) but that didn't help either...

My next step would be to go through basic troubleshooting. Inspect your processor for possible bent pins. Take mobo out of it's housing on cardboard or wood. Have the power supply connected to the mobo with just processor and heatsink. Connect the speaker cable and listen for beeps.

If you hear nothing, could be a bad proc. If you hear beeps put in the memory...etc. Do you have an old voltage AGP vid-card?

If you have all your components inside a case, shake it and make sure there are no loose components, a magical screw could be floating around.

Try a different PS. There are numerous occasions where I've had a PS go bad on me.

Back