• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel owners! Want to be mentioned in a sticky?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

Hi guys! I am currently creating/improving upon a sticky in the General CPU's section. Here is the link: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=329015

What I need to know is what Socket 370/478/775 boards cannot read the CPU core temperature. Usually you will see a CPU core temperature in the BIOS, a system temperature/case temp, and the socket temp.

Can anyone post any info they know on what can and can't read the CPU core/diode temp?

Don't worry about the CPU's I will ask in the CPU's section. Just the motherboards im worried about here.

If it happens to be a certain brand and model it does not work with, or an entire chipset, please tell me and I will mention you in the sticky for providing that info. Thanks!

I know I can't see the temperatures with my current Socket 478 Gigabyte GA-8IE. Then again, it doesn't offer any adjustments of use to the person who's overclocking, so it might be a moot point.

ASUS p4b266 with BIOS 1005 reads cpu temp wrongly, if is under 40c it will always show 40.
i have updated my bios to ver 1010 (latest) and the issue is gone...
update: uf, i see now that this is not exactly what u asked for... sorry but i have no idea if i get diode reading or socket...

Last edited:
Back