• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help, Im tryin too optimize bus and fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder05L

My front side bus had a bandwidth of 2133/mb and my memory bus has 4267mb/s and im tryin to optimize this right now. Maybe bring the fsb bandwidth up or bring the mem bus down so everything runs smoothly. Can someone plz help me.

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type DEC Alpha EV6
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 267 MHz
Bandwidth 2133 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 267 MHz
Bandwidth 4267 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type HyperTransport v1.0
Bus Width 8-bit

Please post some system hardware specs so we can help you better. Take a look at my sig for an example.

Well I have a AMD processor.2400+ that runs 2ghz.2sticks of Wintec brand 256DDR for 512 in all.ATI 9700 Pro with 128 on it. Onboard sound storm audio.Nforce 2 chipset.3 fans. 80 gig hd.Memorex 48Max 244816aJ cd-rw dvd-rom and a Samsung DVD-Rom SD-616Q.

Sorry if I lefted anything out.Even though i did A LOT of readong on overclocking, didnt undersand some stuff in your sig.

Ahh I see now, you are running in dual channel. No need to worry about it, it is running as it should.

I did take a lot of short cuts in my sig but its a 2600 Mobile Barton stepping IQYHA made week 02 of this year, Thremalright SK-7 with a ThermalTake SmartFan2 for cooling, Abit NF7 revision 2, 2 256MB sticks Curcial pc2700 with chips listed (look up mT -5b c chips or OCZ's Enhanced Bandwidth series for more info on the chips, I just have an earlier revision of those chips), Tyan 9700 pro, Soundblaster Audigy 1, some cheap NIC I had lying around, and a Lite-On 52x cd burner. Below that is my current overclocking state with FSB and RAM timings listed for the time being since I'm still working on it.

So definatly at some point put your hardware specs in your signiture as it saves a lot of time not having to repost everytime you have a problem.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!!

:beer: Thanx I really appreciate it.

Im looking to start overclocking.I got 3 fans so everything should be aight if I do a lil somethin. Want to help? Even though I read the guids and understand mostly...when I get to the bios. Its a different story. Like studieing for a test...but when you get the test you cant think of anything, bairly writing your name correctly.

Back