• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My comp wont boot when I use more than 2 sticks of ram..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maze

Registered
For some reason, when I use more than 2 sticks of ram out of 4 slots, my computer wont boot. Anyone have any ideas? Have a Msi Neo2 plat btw.

Thanks in advance

I have..no matter which stick, when ever I put ram in slot 2 or 4 the comp wont boot ;/

are u overclocking?? are u using the same ram? have u updated the bios? also if u are using tight timings try to loosen it up a little..

I havn't overclocked or changed any settings at all. All the same ram btw

Use the first second slot, whichever they're called. One closest to the proc, and the one next to that.

Yeah, that reminds me: Back when I had an Gigabyte mobo, it wouldn't accept 3 sticks one after another meaning I had to place one in DIMM 1 then 2 and then 4 and skip 3.

I have 4 sticks though..btw I see no mention about this in the msi manual

What ram are you using? I have this same board and left the all the timings set to auto in the bios and would not boot either. I went in and manually set it to my ll pro ram 2-3-2-6 (2t) and it ran fine with 4 512 sticks. Moving to tccd based ram next to try or the crucial ballstix stuff. When I set my ram to 1t like it is supposed to be it drops back to 166 speeds? :confused:
Any thoughts on that by chance?

And have you flashed to the 1.2 bios?

Got corsair xms pc-3200..I can set the ram timings in bios?

Also how do you change the bios without a floppy drive?

Thanks for the help

To set timmings, set the ur settings to "expert" to set timmings to what u want in bios. U can use winflash to flash ur bios if u don't have a floppy,do a google search for it.

Back