• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max voltage.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

Have managed to aquire some Adata 450, hynix chipped ram. Its sat failry happliy at 235, 2.5,4,3,11 on ~ 3v atm, clocking ike crap, and wont run cas3 that'll surely take it a good way further.
Anyway whats the max voltage that i can give this stuff? Have up to 3.3v on this mobo (infinity) and up to ~ 3.5 on my NF7....

Highlander said:
So 3.5/6 is ok 24/7 running? (sorry its late and me tired lol)

first find out at what voltage it runs best. no sense running it at 3.2 volts if 2.9 is all u need. secondly running memory at 3.5/3.6 volts isnt a good idea for prolonged use. i only do it for benching and testing and only for a little while

sorry i screwed up my first answer to u...

Ok, ideal thanks m8 :) Need to have a little fiddle and find out what this DFI likes and what it doesnt.
Have it stable at 234 on 3v at with CPC on which i couldnt run with other ram :) Not bad for a 40 quid pair, timings of 2.5,4,3,11 arent great but ah well :)
Thanks for the advice :D

Back