• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ERROR can't login - could it be caused by oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaydog

hey folks I just got my comp and It's oc'ing well. But I want more.

I get this wierd error that says Windows can not accuratly check the activation of windows.

This msg shows up when I login to windows and only if I push the fsb to 245. If I put it back to 240 its fine

right now my vcore is at 1.45 and my comp is running 3.6 stable at 240fsb and 36 deg c load(asus probe). I slowed down the ram to 266mhz to see if that could be it but it still happened so I don't think it could be ram. I just ghost'ed it, so I only have norton antivirus and ghost on it(and every possible update). so I don't thinks its corupted.

If anyone has seen this before or has any ideas I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

You're right at the edge of corrupting the Registry, caused by an unstable OC at 245FSB. You said it yourself...it boots fine at 240, but as soon as you bump the FSB to 245 you receive a BSOD. If you can't even make it to the desktop at 245, then you're nowhere close to being Prime stable at that OC.

sorry I wasn't clear. I don't get the BSOD. Its just a msg box that pops up. It doesn't reboot It just dosn't let me get past the login screen

locked pci should keep harddrive corruption out of the question ?

If its the cpu becoming unstable, well, your at the topp then, byt try checking the pci/agp lock.

B!

Back