• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Feakout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

excitron

Registered
I recently built a system around a DFI Lan Party Pro 875B board, and it's been doing some strange things within the past few days.

First, I started the system up and I got a two-tone audio signal and the system hung. I pressed the reboot button and the system booted up normally. Next time I started up, the same thing happened, but when I pressed the reboot button, the reboot came up with the following message:

Award Bootblock BIOS V1.0
BIOS checksum error
Detecting floppy drive A media
Insert system disk and press enter

Not knowing what else to do, I put a Win 98SE boot floppy in the machine and I got a message that read:

Automatic load awardflash.exe
!!Error - awardflash.exe not found!!
Replace the disk and press enter

Realizing what it was asking for, I downloaded and made a flash disk and let it do it's thing. I then rebooted and things came back.

Then I was working on the system when it suddenly dropped dead. Screen black, end of statement (the system was still up and running, it just went blank). I rebooted and I get the same error message as above. I reinstalled the BIOS update and rebooted, but it just keeps asking for the same thing.

Any clues? The system is based on a 3.2 gig Prescott with the supplied fan (not overclocked), 4 512 meg Geil Golden Dragon ram chips, an Antec Truepower 480 PS, ATI FireGL T2 128 card, 80 gig Maxtor primary and 2 160 gig Maxtors in a two-drive RAID array secondary.

Thanks for any help with this.

i think you might need to talk to dfi about that one.
they are usually pretty helpful with those sort of things.

~Magick_Man~

Back