• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nOOb question about Win XP screen saver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyHolly

I can't figure this one out? I have Windows XP Pro and everything has been working fine for me for a long time. My problem is, after the screensaver was over, it would put you back at the main log-in screen where you see everyone's accounts. That is what I want to still happen. For some reason, now it displays a message that "This work station has been locked" and nobody else can log in to thier accounts or do anything unless I unlock the screensaver.

How do I get the screensaver to go back to the main log in screen after the screensaver is over? (The main log in screen is the one where you can see the Guest account and all the others.)

Thanks!

did you change the login type to the classic?

go to control panel / users and check the "login type"

There is also an option in the control panel where you setup the screen saver to require a password after the screen saver has gone on. Make sure that this isn't selected to stop the computer from locking.

Make sure switch user is enabled.. instead of locking, it should just switchuser out to the login screen, and allow anyone to login

Hmmm?

OK First I tried shutting off the the option in the desktop/properties/screensaver tab that said, "On resume, Password protect." - All that did was bring me right back to the same exact account I was on WITHOUT asking for any password. Because I don't want others to be able to log on to my account, I can't have that.

Next I tried to go into the User Accounts, in the control panel. - This did not change anything? I tried turning on and turning off in different combinations the "Use the welcome screen" checkbox and the "Use fast User switching" checkbox. Both did not work?

Hmmmm, I don't know why this started acting this way in the first place anyway?

Can someone move this to the Windows forum please? I can't get this fixed still...Thanks!

Back