• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desktop Toolbar change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coin

I have started using the desktop toolbar on the Taskbar but I wondered it there was a way to add the favorites menu to it. I know I could just drag a shortcut to it to my desktop but I'm trying to get rid of all the icons on my desktop and I notice that some icons and shortcuts that don't appear on the desktop do appear on the menu. I know this info is stored somewher I just don't know where.

in windows xp you can right click the favorites icon and go send to >> send to desktop(create shortcut) from there you can drag and drop into your toolbar and then delete the shortcut off of the desktop.

I don't want to create a new toolbar, I want to add the favorites folder to the existing desktop toolbar. You can't drag and drop shortcuts onto a taskbar toolbar.

actually, you can. i drag and drop stuff into my quick launch and games toolbar all the time. you may have to unlock the taskbar and expand the width of your toolbar enough to see what's in it before it'll drop in there, but it will drag and drop into it.

your favorites folder is under C:\Documents and Settings\<Login Name> you may need to unhide hidden and system folders to see it.

If you already have a desktop toolbar set up, just right click the title bar of the toolbar, and select Toolbar-->New Toolbar...then browse to your Favorites folder.

Back