• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamie_bkc

ok, new question

Right i'm getting some ram for my bday in november and I haven't the foggiest what to get. i'm currently running ine stick of 512 nanya ram and i was going to get a second, I WAS but now i gather it's pretty crap, so I want to get x2 512 sticks of ram, the most I want to spend is about £120 maybey a little more, hopefully a lot less :p . I'm running an nforce2 mobo and I plan to overclock. Can anyone reccomend something? edit: ok so I plan on overclocking but I don't want to spend too much, will I be able to overclock well with x2 256mb (single sided perhaps?) of should i save up more and get x2 512?

Last edited:
okay what kind of sysytem and how much do u want to spend???

oops dummy me u already put ur specs up.. how about a 512 stick of the pqi tccd chips its relatively cheep and run very tight latencies

ok, so I read through some of that HUGE thread on pqi ram and from what I gather it is good (please correct me if I am wrong), so assuming that it is worthwhile ram I plan to get some, I checked the newegg price for $250 and it comes out at £130-140, which is reasonable. But alas when I checked Micro Dirct they are £180!!!!! which is way too expensive for me. Does anyone know where I might find it cheaper in the UK?

I bought a couple of months back some ddr333 for 50€ .. it runs max @ 225mhz .. :attn:

Back