• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hpmdinst pop up problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystypiy

Anytime I run certain programs I get this pop up that tries to install hpmdinst, then it asks for the HP Memories Disc. Right now, this keeps popping up when I am trying to run logonuibootrandomizer, and when I keep cancelling the hpmdinst install (which pops up coninuously unless I stop it in task manager), it won't let me use logonui.

So far I'd tried two methods against this annoyance. I've tried uninstalling hpmdinst, which messed my printer up, and I've tried putting the cd in and installing. It seemed to install and then wanted a restart, but once it restarted, I'm having the same problem again. Is there anything I can do? Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Hey,

I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same program: Login UI Boot Randomizer. I could also not find a solution to the problem, but unlike you uninstalling the HP Memories Disc (That I never have used before!), didn't give any printer problems, and it worked.... I did from the Add/Remove Programs (maybe you are uninstalling a whole package that contains your printer drivers?)

I have also tried to install the thing, but it stil popped up.

Another thing: I just continue to click cancel on all the pop up windows until it disappear. Even the "Canceling Installation" window. I just click until all the cancel buttons disappear! And then UI Boot Randomizer did work.

According to Microsoft, when you install something by Windows Installer, the install data was registered and also.under \windows\Installer (hidden) W.installer Package and W.installer repair package is reserved.

Then, if the incompatibility between these hidden files and registered data is caused by some reason, installer problems occur.

And the use of Windows Installer Clean Up is reccomended by MS. Download here.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...1BD/msicuu2.exe

Back