• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot (2-2-2-5)? Any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that was the new series people were talking about earlier that PDP would be releasing. As for it being good idk since I think they just released it. If anyone is willing to be the guinea pig BE MY GUEST :D I would, but I'm already purchasing serveral things to test with my LANPartyUT and 3200+ AR...and I'm only looking to purchase 2x512 sticks.

Last edited:
The egg must either be having problems or doing some kind of mass file update because every one of their items on the front page is on "Auto Notify" status, as well as ALL of the OCZ ram. Probably everything else, too.

This ram may still be in stock...for those intereted just check back later.

Last edited:
Long day? It's early here, been up since about 5 a.m., my time.

There are a BUNCH of night owls in this group of guys. I think we must all consume way too much caffine.

Me too, but with my recent KHX purchase and such, I'm already more than halfway through NEXT year's ram buying budget.

Ya the size sucks which is why i did'nt order ...but at that price... someone looking for dual channel LL ram...

My dad just got the 512x2 kit. He has a crap overclocker (Asus A8V or whatever it is that came with the AMD EPP deal) and said he only got it to 203 at stock timings. He didn't change the voltage on them, either. But they run fine at stock. Tonight or tommorow, whenever I get Windows reinstalled, I'll put it in my machine and try it out and let you guys know how it overclocks.

But even if it OCs for nothing, its still a really good price for a gig of RAM.

I have a friend who has a 2x512 kit of the patriot ram, I have tried to get him to oc it but he won't. He has a crap overclocking board though it works fine at stock. Now that I think of it I wish I had gotten a better board for overclocking myself, because it was a real B**** getting any oc out of my A8V. If you want to get any oc at all out of an A8V you need to be really lucky and get a board that works with the beta bios like I did. :-/

Does the TCCD's have voltage regulators like some ch-5? Perhaps if they stock the 2x512 I'll give it a whirl.

How much performance are you gonna get from my Corsair values 2.5-3-3-7 to 2-2-2-5? It is worth the extra 80 bux? Those rams cost about $40 more than my Corsair values each.

Gautam said:
That stuff's CH5, and not good CH5 either.

is the 2.3.2.5 stuff ch5?? if so have u tried it out?? i was thinking of getting a 256 stick just to test out cause its so cheep. but if youve already tested it and its not good i dont want to bother with it.. thnx flapper

Back