• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W2K startup process selection tool???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyG

I'm running W2K on an A7V333 mobo. When I try to hibernate the machine it shuts down as expected. But, when I try to resume it goes through the entire boot process, reads the hibernate file and then goes to blue screen. :-/

I have been experimenting by removing working processes in task manager, then hibernating and restarting. So far, I have been unable to fix the problem. I seem to remember that in Win98 there was a tool where you could check or uncheck startup items that were both in the registry and the startup folder. So far, I haven't been able to find the same tool in W2K. Do any of you know if that tool exists???

The tool you're thinking of is MSConfig (Microsoft Configuration Utility), which wasn't included with W2K. I've included a link to MSConfig.exe, which you can copy to the C:\WINNT\System32 directory...in order to run the executable from the Run box (Start | Run | Type msconfig, and click OK):

http://www2.whidbey.com/djdenham/Msconfig.htm

...just click on the Windows 2000 link (the file is taken from XP).

Back