• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new toy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

howlin..wolf

Registered
I've just fitted a thermalright XP-120 this afternoon, it's huge and very tricky to fit. My temps are now fantastic and can get 3.3Ghz stable at 1.6 vcore, before I had to up the voltage to get it stable. After 30 mins of prime 95 at 3.3Ghz my load temperature, according to MBM, is 33 degrees :clap:

How can I control the speed of the fan? I don't have any drive bays free to put a contoller in.

I've seen fan controllers that will control one fan and are built into a pci slot plate, you could probably use one of those.

howlin..wolf said:
I've just fitted a thermalright XP-120 this afternoon, it's huge and very tricky to fit. My temps are now fantastic and can get 3.3Ghz stable at 1.6 vcore, before I had to up the voltage to get it stable. After 30 mins of prime 95 at 3.3Ghz my load temperature, according to MBM, is 33 degrees :clap:

How can I control the speed of the fan? I don't have any drive bays free to put a contoller in.

What fan are you using?

If your fans have the 4 pin connecter what you do is move the ground wire to the fan from it's origional location in the middle of the molex connector to the red line (5v - the yellow wire is 12v).

Thanks pwnt by pat, I changed my 2 120mm fans to 7 volts and there so quiet now.

Back