• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

This is what I got

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.
Parameter Description
1 Memory referenced
2 IRQL at time of reference
3 0: Read

1: Write

4 Address that referenced memory

Cause

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.
Resolving the Problem

To begin debugging, use a kernel debugger to get a stack trace.

Ran Memtest with no errors for 5hrs, but I'm starting to thing Kingston needs to be contacted. Is this error memory related or what? I got this when I tried to run 3dmark05 with my 6800gt slightly oced about 10mhz

Now if this system is overclocked and you get these type of errors, its time to relax the timings before you damage the operating system any further.............Change your memory timings

Another possibility is your Page File is damaged. Try setting the Virtual Memory Manager to use no paging file, then re-create it using the "System managed size" setting. Open System Properties | "Advanced" tab | Under "Performance", click the "Settings" button | "Advanced" tab | Under Virtual Memory, click "Change" | Click "No paging file" | "OK" out of System Properties, and reboot.

Re-open System Properties | "Advanced" tab | Under "Performance", click "Settings" | "Advanced" tab | Under Virtual Memory, click "Change" | Click "System managed sized" | "OK" out of System Properties, and reboot.

Also, check to make sure you have the latest version of the Acpi.sys driver...5.1.2600.1502 or newer (2180 is the latest version to come w/ SP2).

Last edited:
yup did all that and I have the 5.1.2600.2180 let see if this fixes things, I'm really getting sick of posting BSOD messages

latest BSOD, what is wrong with my system, the only thing I could was PFN list is corrupt, what is that and how do I fix it? MS bugcheck site was useless.

This is what it says

Bug Check 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

The PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bug check has a value of 0x0000004E. This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupt.
Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen. Parameter 1 indicates the type of violation. The meaning of the other parameters depends on the value of Parameter 1.
Parameter 1 Parameter 2 Parameter 3 Parameter 4 Cause of Error
0x01 The ListHead value which was corrupt The number of pages available 0 The list head was corrupt
0x02 The entry in the list being removed The highest physical page number The reference count of the entry being removed A list entry was corrupt
0x07 The page frame number The current share count 0 A driver has unlocked a page more times than it locked it
0x8F New page number Old page number 0 The free or zeroed page listhead is corrupt
0x99 Page frame number Current page state 0 A PTE or PFN is corrupt

Cause

This error is typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists. For example, a driver might have called MmUnlockPages twice with the same list.

If a kernel debugger is available, examine the stack trace.

I'm assuming the two 512MB sticks of 3200 are in a dual channel configuration? Have you already tried removing one stick, and installing the remaining stick in the lone DIMM slot (furthest from the CPU)? I know you said the RAM passed Memtest for 5+ hours, but I'm still inclined to believe the BSOD's are somehow memory related.

well right now it is in single. I'm gonna try to do that now overnight if I can find my memtest cd

I would run a memory diagnostic tool from outside of windows... like the windows memory diagnostic tool on the UBCD. That has worked well for me in the past when pinpointing a bad stick of RAM... One stick failed the test miserably, but the system was only getting intermittent errors. Creating a UBCD will likely prove useful for you many times over in the future also, it has for me.

http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/

alright ran one stick for 11hrs overnight and got no errors. Gonna run the other tonight, and try IMOGs thing too.

I had the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error similar to yours on my computer when I first built it. I found two possible problems: My "crucial" ram wasn't really crucial ram- it was labeled and sold to me fraudulently, and ended up being faulty as well. I also found out my two hard drives were overheating and were possibly corrupting my page file. I added a fan to them. With both problems fixed, I have not had any BSOD since then, and XP has been running stable.

I also agree this is somehow memory related. Either your actual RAM or your page file is getting corrupted. You can also try checking temps on everything on your computer. A finger test is a good way to see if something is too hot.

I would also suggest throttling down your cpu to stock speed and see if that helps. But try all these things separately so you can pin-point the problem.

Good luck on your second stick of ram test too :D.

ran the ubcd memory tests and still no errors. Diggin, its a mobile the stock speeds are 800mhz

Back