• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modded BIOS for 875P NEO-FIS2R ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miguita

My MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R won't accept my BIOS memory timings. During POSTing it reports that the timings are too tight, when I raise the FSB to 250+ and running FSB and RAM in sync. Increasing the vDIMM doesn't seem to make a difference. When setting Performance Mode to slow, things get a little better, but it only works with the By SPD-setting, and PAT is disabled automatically... The original BIOS is CPC-enabled (according to SiSoft Sandra), and I suspect this could be the source of the problem, as my memory sticks are double-sided.

Miguita said:
My MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R won't accept my BIOS memory timings. During POSTing it reports that the timings are too tight, when I raise the FSB to 250+ and running FSB and RAM in sync. Increasing the vDIMM doesn't seem to make a difference. When setting Performance Mode to slow, things get a little better, but it only works with the By SPD-setting, and PAT is disabled automatically... The original BIOS is CPC-enabled (according to SiSoft Sandra), and I suspect this could be the source of the problem, as my memory sticks are double-sided.
what BIOS are you using?

since you said FIS2R I can assume you're using the rev1/1.1 board so the latest [and best, by my experience] BIOS available is version 1.9

download it and flash if you don't have it

also in choose TURBO mode and if you get the timings too tight message you might need to bump the voltage up to 2.7V for high end memory OR depending on what mem brand/series you have the timings may actually be too tight

I'm using BIOS 1.9, but the problem remains. I haven't noticed any differences between the BIOS-versions. 3.3 vDIMM doesn't help, and my memory chips are rated at 3.5 ns, which equals about 570 MHz dual pumped. Clock frequency seems to be a bigger issue than timings, cause at a certain point it won't work no matter what I do (timings / voltage doesn't matter). I am almost convinced they would work much better on another mobo. And again, with a command rate of 1T, double-sided modules shouldn't perform at their best, anyway. So what I need is either a CPC-disabled BIOS, or finding a way to change this in the BIOS. It's possible this feature is accessible in the BIOS, but I haven't found it...

Back