• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PDP Systems PC3200 2-3-2-5-T1???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DirtMerchant

IGb Dual Kit of this stuff os only $154.00 over at newegg.com. Seems to be getting good reviews. I just ordered a kit for myself.

I called PDP adn asked what type of memory they use. I talked to a guy named Jay and he told me they use various chips in production, but the extensively test everything and they have some of the highest quality standards in the business.

All I could get out of him on this particular model is that they are either
Infineon or Micron CH-5 chips. Maybe someone else can get more info, but I was too busy today.

Here are the specs and the linky.

PDP SYSTEMS Memory Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-3200, Model PDC1G3200LLK - Retail

Model# PDC1G3200LLK
Item # N82E16820220006
Specifications:
Manufacturer: PDP SYSTEMS
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2-3-2-5-T1
Support Voltage: 2.6V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime
$154.00
$0.99 Shipping

Good deal. Once I get them I'll test them out.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-006&depa=0

DirtMerchant said:
All I could get out of him on this particular model is that they are either Infineon or Micron CH-5 chips. Maybe someone else can get more info, but I was too busy today

I don't see this being quite the prodigy that the Samsung TCCD based RAM has become. It would be great to get a concrete answer on what chips these modules employ.

For one, CH-5 is made by Winbond, and to my knowledge, is discontinued. CH-5 is known to do those timings, and with quite a bit of headroom with relaxed latencies. But it still cannot be made to obtain DDR500 speeds, or the 2-2-2-x timings that make DDR400 speeds worthwhile.

Ask anyone who has owned cheap Micron -5B C (Buffalo PC3700 comes to mind), and although they ran those timings, the frequency ceiling was seriously limited. The -5B C that performed well (OCZ EB series), was more expensive by a huge margin, therefore it's probably unlikely to find Micron chips that perform well in value priced modules. Hopefully somebody proves me wrong ;)

I've not heard much about Infineon, probably for good reason. (i.e they're probably not best suited for overclocking). Unless a new chip is discovered, I don't see Infineon based modules being highly sought after by overclockers and power users.

But one thing is certain: These are likely the fastest thing going for the price. There is definately a place for these in the RAM market, but I'm not so sure it's in the overclocking segment. I'll certainly look toward these in upcoming computer builds, where overclocking is not a primary concern.

Looking forward to results...

Last edited:
I posted a few days ago about this kit. since it was for a client i didn't want to yank the heat spreaders, so i don't know what chips are on em. they would do 237+/- at 2.5-4-4-8, and almost hit 250 with 3-4-4-8 timings, so not bad for the money if you don't need to get into ddr500 territory.

LesterP said:
I posted a few days ago about this kit. since it was for a client i didn't want to yank the heat spreaders, so i don't know what chips are on em. they would do 237+/- at 2.5-4-4-8, and almost hit 250 with 3-4-4-8 timings, so not bad for the money if you don't need to get into ddr500 territory.

Sweet. I was hoping I could OC the 2.6C up to like 3.2 with this stuff on air. Hopefully stable. What I would really like though, is to be able to get 2-2-2-5 or the rated 2-3-2-5 atleast. I mean for $154 for a Gb of RAM that can do 2-3-2-5? That's an awesome deal.

I will definitely try hitting 250 with 3-4-4-8 too, just to see what I can get out of them.

What voltage were you running them at when you hit 250?

although i havent tested any, word is some of the infineion chips oc quite hi. one person was selling some pc2700 with -5 chips and claimed he could get 280's. so it could very well be a real gem. 154.00 is very cheep for a gig of enthusiasts ram.. im gonna probably buy a stick of the 256 and a stick of tccd and see how they run..

Well I should have them this week. I will test them out really well. I will also call PDP again and let them know my results. Could lead to some free RAM in the future for a review or something. I'll keep you posted.

I thought they were using the mosel chips? Remember seeing a review a while ago on that memory (it was comparing the Corsair XL right as it was coming out)

Pretty dull review IMO. Too afraid to take heatspreaders off? What kind of reviewer is that? The PC3200 for the price looks very promising. I might purchase a gig shortly.

Well I got the RAM in but right now I can't do much.

I am currently on the new PC I am building for my girlfriend, but it isn't even in a case yet. Just a bunch of parts on a desk. Been testing this PDP RAM out on a GA-8IK1100 rev.1 board. Had to update the BIOS. Seems it doesn't want to run at 2-5-2-3, so I have to set timings manually with my OCZ kit and run at 2.5-5-2-3 instead, otherwise board won't even boot.

I think it's a board problem, because others have had problems using low latency Corsair modules with this board as well. Not really going to be able to test this RAM until I find out what the deal is with my RMA'ed DFI board. After I get it back I am putting my 2.6C in it. I won't risk burning out another one with a Pres-HOT! F-that!

I'm new to the PC world, so bare with me here people. I got some of the PDP pc 4000 512 duel channel ram. I have been playing around with it for a few weeks and am running 230 FSB with 2.5-3-3-7 and a burst length of 8 (have no idea what burst length is) with a voltage of 2.70 (2.60 and she will not boot) and doing fine. I plan to grab anouther 2 sticks of this to make it a gig, I just hope my sytem runs as good with 4 sticks of ddr500 as it is with 2.

If anyone knows what burst length is, by all means let me know, I beleive 8 is better but my manual (MSI 865pe neo2) says a 4 is better. I just don't want to kill my memory becouse I have burst length set to 8.

Got it running at 2-3-5-3 now! Sweet. I had to update the BIOS and make some manual adjustments.

Also, the price on this RAM has gone up. It isn't so cheap now anymore, still a good deal for a Gb with these timings though. Get some.

DirtMerchant said:
Got it running at 2-3-5-3 now! Sweet. I had to update the BIOS and make some manual adjustments.

Also, the price on this RAM has gone up. It isn't so cheap now anymore, still a good deal for a Gb with these timings though. Get some.

yeah 50 bux. u did good and got a buy .let me know how well it oc's. ps can u look under the hood and tell what chips??? thnx

It is interesting that they jacked the price up on this stuff, but not hardly any on the PQI when it started selling. Is it possible that they just had a pricing error to begin with?

Reefa_Madness said:
It is interesting that they jacked the price up on this stuff, but not hardly any on the PQI when it started selling. Is it possible that they just had a pricing error to begin with?

could be, or pdp jacked up the price on a new shipment in line with the other memory companies..

Back