• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of memory advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zenit

I am building a computer for work, and just wondering what is some good, stable reliable memory. The computer will not be overclocked at all

thanks for advice

Most brands will work for a normal non-overclocked computer. Corsair, Kingston, Mushkin are just some good brands that will have solid performance.

how is crucial non-ballistix ram fair up?
I use their Ballistix and seem to like it

what is your budget, and how much ram do you want??
If you aren't going to o/c your ram, i would just go with the plain old, crucial. However, the ballistix seem to be very good o/c.

I probably am looking for 1 gig. I am not paying for this stuff but i also dont want to go overkill with nice overclockable stuff that i know i wont overclock.
And i already do have ballistix on my personal comp that i OC.

Regular Crucial ram is very good without being ridiculously priced. As a matter of fact, I even did a fair amount of overclocking with good results before they came out with their ballistix line. Crucial is known for its reliability which is a big plus for something to use at work and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I currently have 2 X 256MB (pc3200)in my Abit NF7-S rev. 2.0 motherboard running dual channel with my timings set to 2.5-2-2-2-5 which is pretty good. Yes, there are better sticks of ram that are more suited to overclocking and as such come with a heftier price tag, but for what your needs are, I think the regular crucial ram may be just the ticket.

Back