• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800E-D 3.3vdimm OVP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redken

I have not found any thread on this subject.

I'm trying to get my 3.3 vdimm to 3.6 vdimm (Yes!, I already have the Vdimm mod).
Now, to do this I need to set my PSU 3.3 rail to 0.30 more than I want to set my vdimm under load.
So...If I want 3.60 vdimm load I would have to set mu PSU at 3.90 and my trimmer at 3.60. Easy enough hummm!:)...so I thought, I had it all figured out!...Riiiight. :rolleyes:
The thing is that the PC turns off (Overvolt Protection) when I set my PSU at 3.71 (which gives me a usable 3.4 vdimm load).
So, I thought it was the PSU's OVP kicking in too low, but when I bridge the PSU (by itself) I can get it to go up to 3.92v before OVP kicks in.
Therefore the problem must be the Motherboard (I didn't know it had OVP).

How can I raise or get rid of OVP for this board?
I see a lot of people with 3.5 - 3.6 vdimms on this board, How are the doing it?

Thanks!

But, I "should" be able to to 3.6v with the current vdimm mod that I have if I wanted to.

Back